Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

As long as I'm smiling...

I am thankful for this journey and for having a husband who’s been taking it with me. I am thankful for my kids for the most part supporting us and making some changes of their own too. I’m thankful that we have a warm place to live and a job that provides, and that I get to be a stay at home mom for this moment! I’m grateful that I had loving parents who taught me by example how I should live and that left me an outstanding legacy of service and love to follow.


I do have some heartaches in my life. We all do. Mine are probably quite small compared to others. Yet, I know the Lord wants me to learn from this. I wish I didn’t have so much to learn! I’ve heard that on the other side of suffering is a greater capacity to love. I find it easy to feel love for others and I often feel it in abundance, yet I have a hard time feeling love in return. I have a hard time feeling the Lord’s love for me, although I know it’s there. Maybe it’s part of all those years of self-loathing that I am working to overcome, I don’t know. I just know that I am not turning to food for comfort anymore and in some ways, it makes me feel things even more bitterly.


Still going to be On Plan for tomorrow! Life is good!

7 comments:

ladyofthehouse said...

Beautiful post Margene!

I know what you mean about how self-loathing (even in the past) can be a blockade to feeling the Lord's love for us.
At our ladies retreat last year the speaker had told us to ask God to show us His love for us in a special way when we need it. She shared how she was walking along and had prayed such a prayer when as she was ready to 'give up' her search, she turned a corner and saw a buch covered in butterflies. (she loves butterflies)
Sometimes it's as simple as having the sun shine through the window on you as you sit sipping some tea. Other times it's not getting something you've been praying for because He has something better for you, and then He delivers. My prayer right now is that the Lord would show you His love for you in a tangable way.
Hugs to you!!
diane :)

Julie said...

The Lord will show you. Just ask him. He will teach you to love yourself. He loves you and right now that will be enough but one day you'll look in the mirror and decide you can love yourself. You're an awesome lady and with the love of your family and friends one day you'll see just how grand you are.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Life is better than good...it's GREAT!!

I'm still on plan for tomorrow too and looking forward to it!

Karla said...

love the post :)

Have a nice OP Turkey day

Joy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to your and your family!

Keep focused!

Julie said...

Thanks Margene for stopping by already. Thank you for always your encouraging words.
I hope you had a very blessed Thanksgiving.

Casey said...

And I am thankful for beautiful, encouraging friends, who are open and honest about their struggles, yet still provide loving, caring, challenging, encouraging words for this beginner.
I didn't know any of my blog friends a month ago, and now the Lord has blessed me with you. Thank you.