Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Friday, September 24, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Thursday, September 16, 2010
...just like Lewis on “Meet the Robinson’s” says and that’s what we’re doing. My poor man is really battling the stress lately and sometimes he is just not himself. I wish there was a magic button you could push that would eliminate all stress for a few days (or weeks or years).
We found another rental house that we’ve applied for. There was another family looking at it at the same time we were and both of us wanted it. It is priced so low. So we applied and now we are waiting for the landlord to decide who he will rent it to. I’ve been making plans and mapped out the rooms and have been deciding what furniture would go where. Making lists & planning... that’s what I do, and I do it well. Then in an email today, my hubby says that he still thinks and feels that we need to stay where we are at.
I responded and said “But... we still may be accepted [into this rental]. Will that be an answer to?”
His replied email said: “There can be more than one answer. Our path does not need to be on an exact specific course as long as we arrive in the same place. Bottom line is that we will be blessed for our efforts and our obedience. Do not fear, all will be and is well.”
I choked up reading his words and wished he was right here to hug. I needed to hear that. So basically, if we don’t get this house, then we will stop looking for now and just focus on staying here. That will be our answer.
A couple days ago I had to go to Fred Meyer to pick up some prescriptions and since I had to wait a while, I thought I’d go ahead and try on some clothes. So I did. I found that I fit into size 18 pants now! Woo hoo! I can’t wait to go on a shopping spree in the future. I took some pics in the dressing room... I couldn't believe how much less of me there was. I tried sucking it in too... you know, I used to not be able to suck it in!
I did get a nice mauve sweater that was only $10. which will be nice for the cold season coming. I seriously have very few clothes to wear!! It’s a problem I don’t mind... to get that weight off me! I wore that sweater today and it was cozy!
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Thank you Tori for presenting me with this Cherry On Top award. I love your blog and reading your uplifting comments to my posts! So I get to...
Here are some of the things that have gone on just the last 10 days - starting from the MOST recent:
- Celebrated my daughters 14th birthday at local amusement park. The hubs and I went roller skating again and snogged a bit on the spider ride. Had a blast. (Much need break).
- Switched our kid’s rooms around. We moved beds, dressers, desks, cleaned, & organized. I disassembled and reassembled a big heavy bunk bed mostly by myself!
- We cleaned & organized our garage - put up a bunch of our items for sale - took boxes of stuff to charity.
- We looked at a possible home to rent. (It was trash... UG). We’ve been majorly considering a quick move into a smaller place (less rent) as a temporary solution to our financial pressure. But we’re having a hard time finding a decent place that is within the area that we feel is best for our family (school boundaries, etc.). Looks like we may just try to stay put for now - or who knows... ?
- My 16 year old daughter played her first Water Polo game.
- My 10 year old earned his Webelos Badge at Pack Meeting.
- We did a run around getting signatures for my 17 year old’s Eagle Project to be approved so he can begin. Still trying to get it approved at Council and get all the merit badges he has earned, and counselors for the ones he still needs to earn. My son would easily give up on this, if we as parent didn’t encourage and help... and I feel it’s SO important for him that he earn his Eagle Rank, he only has 2 months left so the crunch is on!
- We sold our only vehicle (which didn’t even fit all of us) and the next day bought a van that now fits us all... for the exact amount we sold our car for even (blessing). Interestingly, we sold our car while our daughter was at water polo practice, so we had no way of picking her up. My daughter has a disability and is prone to panic in new or uncertain situations, and a neighbor I asked for a quick ride from turned me down. I was so thankful that a mother of my daughters team mate brought her home for us. That meant a lot to me! You know, I hope I never turn someone down who needs a simple favor like that! The next day, My friend and coach, LaTrease drove me into the city to look at the van and help me test drive and negotiate to buy it. I am SO thankful for good friends!
- One of my children started school, on-line, called “Connections Academy”. The rest don’t start school until next week. I have not gotten a single school supply yet!
- We had a big yard sale and made more than we’ve ever made at a yard sale before, which was so helpful. We were selling prime stuff that we never considered selling before because we are trying to simplify our lives and become less dependent on “stuff”.
Overall, I think the theme we’re feeling that we need to learn is: Patience. I notice sometimes I slip into focussing on the glass being half-empty - but I try to catch myself and focus on the half-full part because we are so extremely blessed! I tell ya, I am not a fan of stress!! :) Even though we’re making a lot of changes in our lives - our healthier lifestyle change is HIGH PRIORITY and we will NOT go back. So, other things do get sacrificed, but we are sticking to our plan and we WILL get the rest of our weight off. I am so excited as I approach that 100 pound off mark. I only have 7 more pounds to go to reach that goal. My coach did it in 6 months, so it’s taking me a little longer but I will get there and even reach my end goal weight. (and I will be so tiny then!)
I stood in front of the mirror last night and pulled up my fat tummy from a side view and got a glimpse of what I’d look like with all that tummy fat gone. It was looking good. And I will get there... it’s already shrunk a ton.
Food wise... here are some lean and greens I've had recently.
Teriyaki grilled Mahi Mahi with Mushroom salad & honey mustard dressing. Also Beef strip salad w/ ranch dressing and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Yummo!
Egg White scramble with Beef & mushrooms & some low fat cheese (doesn't look great but tasted delish!). I also made my peanut butter balls different by mixing the Medifast Hot Cocoa packets with 1/2 water and 1/2 sugar free Peanut Butter syrup until fudge like consistency and formed balls out of them; then I mixed the PB2 (powdered peanut butter) separate and put it on top of the balls. I froze them and then put 4 balls in a bag. 1 bag of 4 = 1 medifast meal. WE LOVE THEM!! Such a great treat. We often have this as our last Medifast meal of the day.
Friday, September 3, 2010