Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Thursday, November 10, 2011

KNOX BLOX Queen

That's me!  I love the stuff!  I really wish I could mass market these little delights!


Here is my set up in making my next couple batches.  Above I have my ingredients ready to make my Strawberry/Banana/Coconut  (I am a sucker for coconut) and peach/Mango/Pineapple (a favorite of my daughters).  I have my syups and flavorings, sugar free jello, knox unflavored gelatin.

The recipe is simple:

* 6 cups boiling water (if you use sf syrup just minus the amount from the water like 5 cups water + 1 cup sf syrup)
* 6 packets knox gelatin
* 2 big boxes (or 4 smaller boxes) sf jello

Mix together thoroughly - pour into brownie dish and refrigerate for several hours.  Cut up and put into little snack baggies if you want.  It's about 40 calories per little baggie.

A big hit with my son and his friend who could NOT stop eating my Lime/Banana/Coconut blox.  
I love having these low calories, tasty little treats around!

Also, I don't know what it is means, but I just love making kabobs!  I didn't ever have them growing up so it's like a special thing.  
 This was our dinner tonight for just  our family.  
I know, I know... I made enough for an ARMY!!  (lots of yummy left overs)

These are BBQ Teriyaki Pork Kabobs which I made early on in week 12 of my journey and posted about them as well.  I don't have a BBQ grill anymore so I just baked them in my oven.   I had these pork pieces marinating for 24 hours and skewered them today.  I was loving them.  My kids liked them.  I love the sauce for dipping as well.  Yum!

Here's another quick lean and green I did a couple nights ago.  
I just sauteed my zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes with some Mrs. Dash tomato basil seasoning and added my shrimp.  I love that added flavor of the tomatoes.  For Brent, I made his standard salad with a sprinkle of low fat cheese & Walden Farms Ranch dressing and his 3 Morning Star sausage patties.  He loves those patties!

In the next couple days I will be hosting my FIRST GIVEAWAY!  I'm excited.  Some lucky winner will win some exciting Scrapbooking software.  What a way to perserve all those memories and pictures.

Life is Good!!  XOXO ~Margene

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Good gosh, Margene! It's 5:00 a.m. and these pics are making my stomach growl! Those kabobs look divine. And thanks for the Knox blocks info. You've referred to those ever since I've been reading your blog and I've always wondered how you made them, but had never gotten around to asking. Believe I'll whip up some myself (just not at 5 a.m. LOL!)

Karla said...

Queen of the block!!

looks yummo

Sarah said...

That's a lot of food! I've been feeling the urge to cook and bake excessively and I think your pics just pushed me over the edge!

Sarah
notaneffingdiet.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Funny thing - I was thinking about your Knox blox earlier today and wanting the recipe. Now I have it.
Lori

gracies tough journey said...

Wow, Next time I'm coming for a visit. LOL...these look great. Gracie

E. Jane said...

I'm so glad you posted your Knox Blox recipe. I'm going to try them. Also your food looks so good and best of all--very healthy! It makes me hungry in a very good way. Have a great weekend!

Julie said...

I am going to have to try those jello blocks. That's even something the wee ones can eat. Instead of boiling water could I use boiling juice? I know it would add a bit of sugar but skip the flavoring, would that change it? Reason I'm asking I don't have any flavoring and I always make my jello with juice instead of water...well 1/2 and 1/2. Just curious.
Take care Margene and have a blessed weekend.

Joy said...

I've had Margene's Blox's and are they are really good!

The kabob's look amazing. I need to remember to make them!

Keep focused my Friend!

Miss you!