Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Week 33: ** MOMENTOUS **

This is a momentous week for us. As of TODAY, the hubs and I have BOTH LOST 100 POUNDS EACH!!! So 200 pounds between us, that's like we shed a BABY ELEPHANT! I lost 3 pounds last week and my super hunka lovin' man lost 1 pound! (even with his wavering at the restaurant!). I haven't been in the 170's since my teen years! Woo Hoo!

Here we are 200 pounds ago - just last December 2009

Here we are TODAY, 200 pounds LESS of us. Awwww... feels GOOOOOOD!


I remember years ago trying to plan out my weight loss and I was hoping to lose 100 pounds in a year and half, or maybe even in just one year. I never got past losing 20 pounds... and then it came back on with extra. People who lost big amounts of weight were like amazing people who I could NEVER be like! Even my coach, LaTrease lost a lot of weight, and although she gained some, I felt I couldn't ever lose that much. And then she lost over 100 pounds on this program and infused ME with the belief that I could too. I held on to that belief like a life jacket!

To sit here today and realize what I just accomplished BLOWS MY MIND! And we did this in a little over 7 MONTHS!! You know how I feel right now? My greatest desire would be to infuse HOPE in anyone overweight and unhealthy, especially in the obese category who feels hopeless and miserable.... and tell you that YOU CAN DO IT! It might as well be YOU posting this too, it is JUST AS POSSIBLE!! My heart goes out to those who suffer, who struggle, who loath themselves and their body, who feel worthless at times, who doubt they could have real change in their lives, because I have been there and I'm digging my way out and so can you!

There is still work ahead of us. I am determined to reach my goal weight and then to maintain and it won't all be roses. But I am so thankful to have my life back and to have my husband back. We are on that path and although it isn't easy, it feels good.

Here is to NEVER GIVING UP on ourselves, and to PERSEVERING through life's obstacles! We can do it! The only one who can stop us is ourselves. LIFE IS GOOD! God Bless!! xoxo ~Margene

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAAAAAHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!! congratualations to you both!! What a huge :D transformation. Great job!

Despite all of your current difficulties, you two look so happy. :) What an amazing feat.

Deb

WWSuzi said...

That is absolutely amazing!! You both rock :)
Oh and you two look so cute together!!

Lucy said...

Absolutely Amazing!!

Virginia said...

That is so wonderful Margene and Brent! Congratulations! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! You both look so fantastic and I know you feel like different people! Way to go! WOW!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both!! This shows such dedication and commitment. I'm so proud for both of you!

lynnss1 said...

Margene:

Celebrating with you here in PA... the great weightloss milestone, your new home (smaller... less stuff... but still happy with great parents like you guys and a good bunch of kids) and size 14!!! Will be thinking of you in the coming weeks ... no doubt it'll be stressful (moving always is)... but for the greater family good!

Take care!

Lynn

divad said...

Margene,
Seriously amazing! I am so excited for you both. How amazing to share this journey as man and wife. That is really special! 100 pounds down...my dream. Maybe one day soon!

Jennifer said...

Oh Margene!!! My heart is just so happy for you! You deserve this for all your hard work. I am so proud of you! YOu and the hubs look like different people. You look so happy and younger too! Funny how losing weight can make us look like different people!
Keep up the great work. You are a true inspiration to me. I think I have finally talked my sister in law into Medifast(she will benefit greatly if she follows through) and i was telling her about you just tonight!! And here you are down 100 lbs!!!!

Jennifer

Sam said...

Wow! Wow! WOW!!! Really, I am so excited for both of you! How amazing is it that you have been able to go on this path together. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are an inspiration!

Dutch said...

Congrats. You both look amazing. I just rejoined WW and I am hoping to restart my weight loss and be just like you. You are an inspiration to me. I need it bad and reading this post has given me the push I have needed for 6 weeks now. thanks

Kohnie said...

Congratulations Brent and Margene. You guys look so good. I am so happy for both of you!!

Sarah said...

That's totally amazing. CONGRATS!!!c

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! I'm so happy for you and your hubs (and family as well). So much you have gained while losing! A great inspiration!

Bethany said...

Wow you are so inspiring! Keep up the hard work. I started a new eating plan almost 12 weeks ago and it's amazing how you see such a big difference in energy and mood as well. Good job..you're awesome!!

Ann (-50 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

Congratulations to you both, on a job well done!!

The transformation, in well under a year, is very inspirational.

To what do you attribute your success? I know the support of each other was key, but I mean as far as diet is concerned.

Keep up the good work!! Everyone loves a success story!! xxox

Retta said...

This is so wonderful!! A baby elephant between you two, gone forever. :-D

And those before and after pics are just amazing. I'm tickled you finally get to post your Century Club badge! Yay!!!

Loretta
=^..^=

Angie said...

Congratulations! You both must be floating on air! What a beautiful gift you and your husband are giving to yourselves, and the whole family.

Lesia said...

AMAZING!!! Way to go to the both of you:-)

Polar's Mom said...

I am so so proud of you guys! What a fantastic accomplishment and thing for your kids to witness. Talk about talking the talk and walking the walk-great job!!!

Polar's Mom
www.polarspage.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I have been following your journey for quite sometime. You are amazing! I too lost weight with Take Shape for Life. 30 pounds for me. Might as well have been 100! It was something that plauged me for years. Your success inspires me to stick with it and not gain my weight back.

JoAnn

Anonymous said...

I have been following your journey for quite sometime. You are amazing! I too lost weight with Take Shape for Life. 30 pounds for me. Might as well have been 100! It was something that plauged me for years. Your success inspires me to stick with it and not gain my weight back.

JoAnn