Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Thursday, February 18, 2010

First Week Losses

Well, we finished our first week on our new lifestyle (don't want to call it a diet) and I lost 9 pounds!! WOO HOO!! My honey lost 8 pounds. I think that's the first time I lost more than him! It was a little bit hard the first week because I felt hungry quite a bit. I am used to having larger portions and the medifast meals seem small to me but I am confident that my body will adjust. I know I am getting all the nutrients I need and I've been drinking LOTS of water. I can feel some differences already.

I'm excited to keep this going. I know I can do this. Cheating or eating things off this plan is NOT an option for me. I'm not punishing myself... I simply do not want to sabotage myself and so I'm choosing a better way for me right now. I still get my chocolate fix too!

Here is my favorite "Lean and Green" meal I've had this week.
This is 5 ounces of pre-cooked seasoned beef strips from Costo, with sauteed mushrooms (1/2 cup), green peppers (1/2 cup), and zucchini (1/2 cup). It is SO good and I feel very full after eating this since all my other medifast meals are much less food than this. I treat myself to crystal light to drink. I love my "Lean and Green" meals!

This was my Lean and Green meal tonight:
Left over wild salmon (5 ounces), with asparagus (1 cup), and a small tomatoe (1/2 cup). The measurements are sometimes my best guess. This was the first time I've cooked asparagus and I steamed it in a new microwave bowl. I need to learn how to cook it to perfection. I put a few squirts of a ranch vinaigrette spritzer on the veggies. I couldn't even finish this whole plate before I felt too full.

Tomorrow is the end of our second week and we'll see how much we've lost. :)

1 comment:

SarahJane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.