Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Sunday, August 22, 2010

What Difference Does 89 Pounds Make??


What Difference Does 89 Pounds Make??

(I admit... I cried while writing this - words alone can't express what it's like "coming out of prison"!)

  1. I can go on amusement park rides with my kids!
  2. I can handle long walks and climbing hills without panicking
  3. I can sleep on my back or tummy!
  4. I can bend down and tie my shoes!
  5. I have a lap!!
  6. I can cross my legs when sitting!
  7. I can ride my bike!
  8. I can roller skate!
  9. I can climb a big ginormous sand cape!
  10. I can fit in any car’s seat belt
  11. I can hug my man closer - and my kids too!
  12. I can feel like I’m NOT the fattest person everywhere I go
  13. I can feel more in control of my body and health.
  14. I can live longer and not die at age 56 like my mother and her mother!
  15. I can feel more self-worth!
  16. I can let go of the fear that my kids are embarrassed by me (at least due to my weight, tee hee)
  17. I can stop being self-conscious and focus more on the needs of those around me.
  18. I can offer support and encouragement to others.
  19. I can let go of the limits to my goals and dreams!
  20. I can feel good about the way I look - I can even feel beautiful!
  21. I can see the good in others now that I see it more in myself! (this is huge!)
  22. I can “run and not be weary” and “walk and not faint”

What else do I want to do as I continue my journey?

  1. I want to have Optimal Health for the rest of my long life!
  2. I want to be a good example to my kids of being fit and healthy
  3. I want to BE THERE for my kids through all their joys and sorrows of life
  4. I want to be able to run - I want to be a runner and do a 5k, then a 10K and more.
  5. I want to have the strength, endurance and skill to go for long bike rides - weekly!
  6. I want to LOVE exercising and moving and make it part of my daily life
  7. I want to jump from a plane with my man
  8. I want to travel and explore beautiful and new places
  9. I want to go hiking, backpacking, and camping often with my family
  10. I want to learn ballroom dancing w/ my man
  11. I want to learn hip hop dancing w/ my man
  12. I want to continue to learn about good nutrition and try new healthy foods & veggies
  13. I want to be open to try all kinds of new things that I’ve never done before!
  14. I want to face all my fears (although maybe not all at once)
  15. I want to get used to doing something out of my comfort zone each day - until it becomes the norm.
  16. I want to make optimism, cheerfulness, and enthusiasm be my norm.
  17. I want to embrace life instead of fearing it
  18. I want to motivate, inspire and uplift others
  19. I want to help others feel this good.
  20. I want to become the woman that God wants me to be

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D Ann amazing pair of lists!

Congratulations!!

You know, I am blessed EVERY time I cross my legs. :D Who knew that the simple act of crossing legs could be such a joy?!

I'm still working on the comfort zone and fears thing...

Again, congratulations!

Deb

Lesia said...

Love, love, love it! CONGRATS on ALL the things you have discovered. smile.

divad said...

You are amazing and so very blessed! I am so happy for you and rejoice with you for those great "I can's"!

Jennifer said...

This is an awesome post! I am just so happy for you. It is the best feeling in the world when we come across something else that our weight loss allows us to do, right?! Keep up the great work. You are doing so awesome and such an inspiration to people out there...not just MF people, but everyone.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. You are so sweet.

JEnnifer

Lucy said...

Absolutely Amazing! So it's true, pictures are worth a thousand words!

I'm so happy for you. This is only the beginning! No doubt there are great things in your future :)

lynnss1 said...

Hi Margene:

The change in your face is amazing. You are already doing of few of your "wants"... 17 through 20 to be exact. I'll be praying for you that all your other wants become "haves". I know you can do it! Have a great week.

Lynn

WWSuzi said...

Wow what a difference!! A great list that makes one stop of think for sure.

Donita said...

I so relate to all of your post but
"#12 I can feel like I’m NOT the fattest person everywhere I go" is especially striking. I am trying to articulate how meaningful this is to me also, but I can't put it into words. I'm sure you understand. As I am approaching the weight of some of my friends I am starting to wonder how it will feel to NOT be the fattest friend? I have always been that person and I can't wait to not be anymore.

Thanks for another great post Margene. I just want to say thanks again for sharing your story and recipes. Your ideas and insight have been so helpful to me on my journey also.
Donita
(down 52lbs so far)

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Donita - Congrats on being down 52 pounds girl! Woo Hoo! I'm excited for you to feel all the changes you want too. :) It will feel and is feeling SO good!! Thanks for your sweet words.

Lynn - Thank you! You are so sweet. You and Donita have been there with supportive comments from the very beginning of this journey blog. Thanks so much for your encouragement and support!!! God bless!

~Margene

The Serial Slimmer said...

Wow! what a long way you've come! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I will definitely keep it up!

Julie said...

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! WOW am I proud of you. I love you what you can do and what you still want to do.
Oh am I going to be checking out your new website and recipes. I have a pretty pick family so hard to find something we all like.
Off to read some more. Take care and God Bless!!