Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Thursday, June 2, 2011

TWO DAYS!!!

Until my first official 5K race!
I played some bball last night and hurt my ankle.  At least when I went to bed, it started to throb quite painfully.  So I am trying to take it easy (no bball tonight) so's I can run on Saturday because I am so STOKED.

I went jogging with a friend the other day and we ran a 5k at about 44 minutes.  (stopping to walk only briefly).  So I know I can do it.  It's amazing to come from just 1 minute of running to 23 minutes in one shot.  I still feel extremely nervous for some reason.

I got me some T-shirts too... I am liken these!!  It's all about what you BELIEVE, this is true.  Believe the best or believe the worst and you give power to that thought.  So why let all those negative thoughts waste our energy anymore?

Brent comes home in just a few hours.  He almost didn't make the flight due to his ticket arriving in the mail just hours before he's to leave.  Thanks again to prayer!  I am SOOOO wickedly excited to see him for this weekend.  He's on a plane right now!


My latest favorite food is this Ramen Salad.  Oh my.... SOOO good!  With cabbage, broken up ramen noodles, craisens, and a dressing made from olive oil, rice vinegar, and the ramen seasoning packet.  This is the basic recipe I like to use.  I also like to put some cut up rotisserie chicken in it too.  I really have to portion eat this salad because it is so addictivly good!  It's all about Moderation and Portion Control for me right now and ever!

It's gonna be an amazing weekend!  

I'd like to thank you for all the love and encouragement you give me on this blog:
Michele, Kimberlynn, Joy, Julie, Loretta, Josie, Lucy, Sarah, Lisa, Gracie, Deb, Natalia, Kristin, MaryFran, Lynn, LauraAnn, Angela, Jennifer, Suzi, Christine, Karla, Sam, Lori, Debbie, Melissa, Casey, Tori, Sharon... and everyone who reads and cheers me on (if your name isn't listed, consider yourself included)!!  I wish I could share my love, gratitude, and encouragement with each of you.

And Tammy and Carda... my dearest "real world" friends - I love you!!  Thanks for supporting me with so much positive and believing in me and taking time for me... it means more than you know!

Dianne, Carolyn, Emily, LaTrease, Julie, and Joanne - I feel so blessed to call you friends.

And my most awesome sister, Kay... how I love you sis!!  You are the best.

And my man, Brent, you've see me like no one else does and you've been there for me since I was 15.  You always looked beyond and saw the good in me even when I haven't seen it myself!!  There is no one truer than you!  Can't wait to really be together again in our own home!

Wow... I don't know where all this sappiness came from but I am feeling so thankful and humbled tonight.  Okay, gotta wipe these tears - but it's all good!  Life is good.  Wherever you are in your journey, thank the Lord for your life and make it the best you can because you are worth it, my friends!  XoxooxxOX ~Margene

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

I feel like I should be thanking you. You've been such an awsome support to me too. I just wish we could meet...you, me and Joy!!! Wouldn't that be so much fun?

Have a great weekend with your hubby and have a great run. You're gonna do great!!!

Love and hugs to you!!!

Julie said...

Thank you for thanking me. That was awesome. You are such an inspiration and so much more. I'm fighting a crossroad in me right now so not sure what is next but will pray and figure it out.
Take care Margene and have a blessed evening.

Karla said...

you are an amazing lady!!! You are looking totally beautiful :D

Absolutely, Positively Josie said...

I'll be thinking of you on Saturday, Margene (probably while I'm doing my little walking laps at the park)! =)

Thanks for the shout out. Thank YOU for your support!

I love how you talk about your husband. It's always like he's your very best friend and a person you truly respect and admire and miss when he's gone. Kinda like God intended women to love their husbands? You're doing a service to all people with your uplifting words.

PS: salad looks great! All my favorite things are in it. And I think I've got all the ingredients for it too. :0

Joy said...

Oh Friend, you are amazing! I so can't wait for tomorrow!! It's going to be awesome!! Take care of your ankle. We are gonna do it!!

Love and hugs!

Debbie said...

Blessings & best wishes on your 5k!

Lori said...

I can't wait to hear about the 5K!!!
Lori

Casey said...

Thank you, Margene!
It's been a blessing having you encourage me!!
Thanks for the book tip. I'll be looking into it!
Casey

Retta said...

I'm looking forward to your race report! I can feel your excitement. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Margene! I hope you realize just how glad I am to have found your blog! You're a wonderful inspiration and a blessing to know!

Hope your 5k went well!

GB
xoxo
Tori

Live, Love, Laugh, - Lisa said...

Margene,
You are so positive and amazing! I feel blessed to call you friend! This blog is so inspirational and I look forward to reading each and every entry.

I have to tell you about something really special that your blog reminded me of. When I was getting my BA degree, I was working and raising my family. I was also the first person in my family to ever go to college and I remember saying to my son, "Do you think I can really do it?" and he said to me, "Mom, as long as you believe, you can do anything" and that has stuck with me throughout my educational journey and throughout life. It just felt like one of those defining moments in my life.

When I did graduate, I was able to give a small speech of thank you's and I made sure to tell him how much that meant to me. If you use facebook, you can friend me and see it in my video section. lmarierogers@gmail.com

Thank you for always being so uplifting and honest-
Lisa

Karla said...

do you put sugar in the dressing?