First the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
11 Random things about Margene
- I have an odd kind of silly humor
- I’ve been a mobile dance DJ since I was 14
- I’ve made a huge levi quilt by myself
- I used to dream of having red curly hair and freckles
- I was a Tom-Boy growing up (have 5 brothers)
- I love watching Little House on the Prairie
- I am the only girl my hubby has ever kissed on the lips!
- I cherish friendships - I seek out my “Kindred” spirit friends!
- I actually got Lalaloopsy dolls for Christmas (my girls did too) this year
- I have held the hand of a loved one while they passed away - two times over!
- Would love to go on a cruise with Brent sometime!
Now for the 11 Questions I've been asked to answer:
ONE - If money wasn't an option, what would you really want to do for a living?
Be a motivational speaker, travel, sign up for and do any and all physical activities that I could think of (runs, biking, rock climbing, horse riding, hiking, sky diving, etc.), Help people reach their weight loss goals and financially help if I could too.
TWO - What is the one thing that you are really afraid to do?
Kill big spiders and plunge flooding toilets (oops, that’s two things)
THREE - What brings you the most joy?
Time spent with family and friends. Visiting, playing, parties, get-togethers, games, exercising together... anything like that with family and friends just makes my day!
FOUR - What exercise is your favorite?
Riding my bike!!! (and playing basketball)
FIVE - What is the one thing that pushed you to start your weight loss and fitness plan?
I had given up and was destined to die young like my mother did. I got an answer to my prayer and I knew this would work. I finally began to believe that I could lose all my weight where before it was just too huge of a mountain to climb! So I would say it was God that gave me that answer and that push! I learned that my life has more value than I had ever supposed it did! I hope no one feels as horrible and self-despising as I did!
SIX - What keeps you motivated?
The fear of gaining weight back and going into the prison of obesity! Yes, fear motivates me!!
SEVEN - Who inspires you?
My angel parents who left me a legacy of love, service and integrity. (Plus my first name in a combination of both of their first names, so they are truly apart of me!)
EIGHT - Is there anything holding you back from achieving your dreams? If so, what?
My own self. Fear of loss and rejection - my biggest fears!
NINE - Are you a hugger? When was the last time you got hugged?
Yes... I’m a repressed hugger in that I’ve been afraid (as a heavy person) to hug anyone for fear they would be grossed out by me. I am still cautious about hugging people if I feel that they might not like a hug from me. But I love to get and give them. I have years to make up on that! I got hugged today from Brent and several family members at a bridal shower.
TEN - What would your perfect day look like?
Sunny and warm with family and friends around me. Brent and I just reminisced today about a perfect day we had back when just he and I biked the 26 miles on the Vernonia Trails in Oregon last year. That was a perfect day!
ELEVEN - Are you going to reach your goals? If so, what's your plan?
Yes. Maintain a healthy weight and eating plan. Do as many active and fun things as I can fit in and share it all with my family!
11 Peeps to Tag
(Note - If you want to answer these, consider yourself TAGGED!! And if you are on this list and don’t want to do it - No worries!!!)
11 Questions for You to Answer:
- What would be the greatest piece of advice you would give someone at the beginning of their weight loss journey?
- What is your biggest fear in life?
- What or who has inspired you the most?
- If you had $1000. right now with no strings attached - what would you do with it?
- If you could do anything you wanted to one day what would it be?
- Do you have a BFF and if so - how long have you been friends?
- What does friendship mean to you?
- What is your favorite healthy food(s)?
- What is your favorite exercise or activity?
- How do you stay motivated?
- Where do you want to be next year at this time?
Life is good!! :)