Dang that opposition!
Well.... I lost my running body.... errr, I mean buddy.
So many things ran through my mind this morning as lay in my bed under my electric blanket with my little dog Zoey all cuddled up to me. This 1/2 marathon I’ve signed up for in May.... it’s in Oregon. I’m already going to Oregon with my girls in March. I am happy to make another trip because I LOVE Oregon and all our friends there. I am so excited to see them!
- The friend I signed up to run with is probably not as committed to running the whole thing as I am. No other friends in Oregon are interested in running this with me. This means I’ll most likely be running it alone all the way up in Oregon.
- There is no one to run any 1/2 marathons in Utah with me here.
- There is no one to TRAIN with here!
- I have always struggled with motivation to exercise... I’m sure this contributes to why I was so heavy for so long. I’d practically rather have a root canal than go running in the past. I’m trying to change that. But it’s SO hard on my own. Running with someone makes it go faster and is SO much more enjoyable.
- It was cold and snowy out today and it felt so much better in bed.
- Our car is broken, I’ve been stranded for over a week, I feel bummed!
- My daughter was mean to me & hurt my feelings the other day (throwing this one in for good measure!)
- I feel lonely and somewhat of a mis-fit (What else is new, right?)...
I somehow still dragged myself out of bed and after a little prayer and change of clothes, I opened my front door and began running immediately. My face felt frozen after about 30 seconds.... but I ran. I planned on 10 sets of 3 minute runs. Two minutes was good but that 3rd minute was a work out. On my seventh round, my mp3 player died. I pushed myself and did my last two runs as 4 minutes each only listening to the patter of my feet on the pavement.
|I put the wrong date - It was Jan 25th 2012 - oopsy|
I can’t say that all those thoughts I have listed above went away... but at least I didn’t wallow in them - I went out and did the harder thing! Yay for me. I hope to conquer opposition as it keeps coming to me. Today at least, I didn’t give in.
Life is GOOD!!