Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Week 46 - Merry Christmas!!

Weigh-in was Christmas Morning and we are here in Utah, so it’s a different scale, but I like this scale.  It shows that I lost 3 pounds!  And the man lost 3 pounds!  WOO HOO!  Maybe when we get home we’ll find it’s not the same as our scale but for now we’ll take it!
Earlier this week, we had the pleasure of meeting one of my blogger friends in person for the first time.  Lesia from “Here we go... Hold on Tight”.  

It was so awesome to meet her and visit with her and her hubby.  She is a total hoot and way cool woman!  That was a real thrill for us.  :)
It’s been a wonderful week here with our extended family.  And it has NOT been easy to stay on plan.  I think of all the comments my blogging friends have said to “be strong” and I have tried to do so.  Out at dinner at a pizza place two nights ago, we both ordered grilled chicken and salad.  We avoided the garlic bread all over the table.  
Christmas Eve dinner was ham, potatoes, green been casserole... the hubs and I had  chicken patties and roasted veggies.  After the Christmas Eve Program.... all the kids had Christmas Cake that my sister made special.  We had knox blox.  My brother in law gave us a box of his famous chocolate toffee... Oh my.  I have memories of eating this delicious treat in years past. I would eat almost the entire box.  I have let myself be tempted to sneak a bite or two... it’s sitting on the table about 20 feet away from me right now.  Is this hard?   HECK YES!!  I do feel a tad deprived, ya know!  But you know what.  I AM IN CONTROL NOW!  I will choose and right now, I choose to keep losing this weight.  
I absolutely LOVE being thinner.  I love how I feel inside.  I love that I am not a slave to food.  I love that I don’t feel ashamed of how I look anymore.  And I am sure that next Christmas, I will allow myself a little treat here or there in complete moderation.  I will not be in “weight loss” mode forever.
December 1988
It was 22 years ago this month that my man and I were married and sealed in the Salt Lake Temple.  Every time we are here, I like to get a picture of us and our family because this is where our family really began.  

July 2007

December 2010
There is nothing like visiting Temple Square around Christmas Time!!

We send each of you our warmest wishes this Christmas and New Year.  Remember to Stay Strong, be gentle with yourself, and that LIFE IS GOOD so celebrate it!

8 comments:

Karla said...

I am glad you had a nice Christmas, totally cool that you got to meet Lesia

You were strong, I was the weak one!! this week is going to be the worst for me for the entire year!!! BUT 2011 I will see goal!!

Merry Christmas :)

Christine said...

You have done awesome!! So strong!!

CONGRATULATIONS on the loss on the scale!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

WWSuzi said...

Good for you!! It's definitely not easy but it is worth it :)

Anonymous said...

Re: the picture with Lesia-- :0 LOOK HOW THIN YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful way to end a year and begin a new one--thin!

Congratulations. You've worked hard and earned every pound lost.

Deb

divad said...

It's our anniversary too! I love a Christmas wedding. It sounds like you did amazing over the holiday, and you are right about next year. Treats in moderation - like the skinny folk do! :) Merry Christmas and you look AMAZING!

lynnss1 said...

Margene... I'm so glad you guys are having a great trip and staying strong. You look like a couple of college kids in the Temple Square picture. Gotta love it!! Safe travels back home... we're having snow today!

Natalia said...

Awesome!!!!

Julie said...

I love, love the picture. You guys then and now are one hot couple. You have both done so well, I am proud of you both.
My weight loss is just slow and sure. 1-2 lbs a week, no matter what I do but it's going in the right direction so will take it.
2011 is going to be exciting. You are oh so going to love those shorts and tank tops. I'm excited to wear a tank top without having to feel like I have to cover it up.
Keep up the great work, enjoy your holiday. Take care my friend. God Bless!!!