Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Monday, March 19, 2012

Back from the Northwest

Hi Friends!

We just got back this late afternoon from our 10 day gal trip to Oregon / Seattle with me and my daughters.  
It was a fabulous trip that included a women's beach retreat to the Oregon Coast, Seattle trip, tickets to "Wicked",  time with friends, time with family, women's game night, teen parties, basketball with my old Oregon gals, visiting new cousins and old friends, and more.
Got matching corny hats and wore some matching tops in Seattle!

I did manage to run 3 different times - including in the rain out at the coast!
Left is BEFORE the run - Right is AFTER our 2.3 mile run at the coast (ups & downs) in the pouring rain!

One COOL thing was finding a GREEN basketball at the store, I just had to get.  I was in the mood from seeing "WICKED" which was fabulous!  Now I have a green and PINK basketball.  And I did bring my ball back with me on the plane.  The pilot asked us which one was the ball player, and he seemed surprised that it was me and not one of my girls!  I like surprising people.

  
I found me a ball! - Boarding the plane today with my ball!

My peeps from Oregon totally wasted me on the court.  It was like non-stop sprinting back and forth on that full court, and their passes that were incredible.

I did splurge a bit with my eating and it got me into trouble the first couple nights.  I had two slices of pizza and the next morning a cinnamon roll.  Well, my body was not used to that high carb food and sugar and by the afternoon I was sick and had cramps and gas.  NOT good on vacation.  It's like going from high octane fuel to crap fuel and it makes your motor sputter.  This is good for me to recognize.  I feel SO MUCH BETTER on veggies and lean meats.  

It was nice to come home to my man and boys, though and now it's back to the old grindstone!   Back to getting my running back into high gear and back to our basketball tournament this weekend.

I have had some very neat experiences in sharing my "I can do hard things" rocks to many of my family and friends.  Some of them are really going through extremely hard times and it meant a lot to them.  I had one to give to JOY - but we kept missing each other :(  There were several friends and family I missed as well.  And yes, Kimberlynn... you are DEF someone I pray for :)  So much to blog about, but gotta go for now.  

Take care, my friends and remember that LIFE IS GOOD!!  

xoxOXo ~Margene

5 comments:

Lori said...

I'm glad you had a nice trip. We all need to relax and get away from the routine from time to time. It helps us come back with renewed energy.

I've had similar experiences eating junk food on vacation. It makes me wonder how I lived on that stuff for so long, when my body totally rebels now.
Lori

gracies tough journey said...

Your trip sounded like a blast. I just finished my little trip with my gal(daughter). Mother/daughter trips are what memories are made of. I will always treasure my little trips with either my daughter or my son. Congrats on running in the rain. The locals were probably all laughing at you... but what the heck : )Just joking.

Joy said...

Friend, You are adorable!! Love pictures and the basketball. So much fun!!

We will get together next time you are in town!!! We just have too!!! Can't wait for my special rock!!

Love and hugs!!

Kimberly said...

Running while on vacation? I'm so proud of you! You look great by the way. So glad you had a wonderful and safe trip!

Hugs and blessings!

Megan said...

I am so happy I found your blog!! I started TSFL yesterday and it's going great! I found your blog Monday and started reading from the beginning. I LOVE that you put your lean and greens in there... so great to have ideas for myself. I have a blog and plan on doing the same. If not for others, for myself when I look back. I need to say, you look absolutely fantastic!! It gives me so much hope! Thank you so much for being a great inspiration. I'm still back in Nov. 2010 reading but had to come to the most current post to tell you thank you. I sill can't believe your transformation! All your hard work has paid off for yourself ...but also for others like me. Without seeing it's possible, I don't know if I could have ever dreamed if for myself. Thanks again!
Also... if you want to check out my blog it's www.halfmysizechallenge.blogspot.com I have mostly been doing it for myself but a few of my friends know about it and at least one cousin. I haven't been brave enough to tell anyone else yet. :) ...I guess until now! :)