Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Day 14 on Bright Line Eating - It's Going Good!

Yesterday was our Day 14 and we weighed in:

I have released 2 pounds!
Brent gained 1 pound!

This is very strange to see Brent go up a pound. However, we've kept our lines bright and we know that his body will be releasing more weight as we continue forward. We are not discouraged by this. We had a good week as far as our meals were concerned.

We even went to a movie and did not have a single thing to eat there! No popcorn. Recently we had purchased the 2019 Megatub Popcorn bucket from Megaplex theaters. We missed this tub last year because they do sell out. After we bought it, we are emailed when to come in to the theater and pick it up.  Between the time that we bought it and the time that we were to pick it up, we heard about and started doing Bright Line Eating.

So here we were at the theater with no popcorn. And WE SURVIVED.  It actually wasn't that hard because we ate a meal before going and we already knew in our minds that we wouldn't be eating popcorn. So we didn't think about it or allow it to be in our minds. I'm proud of us! We are big movie buffs and for years we always have gotten popcorn. But getting thin, healthy and happy is more desirable to me right now.

Here are our meals for Week 2 of Bright Line Eating:

Week 2 - Day 1:

 BREAKFAST: Oatmeal, 8 oz Plain Greek Yogurt, 6 oz Berries. 
This was our first time trying yogurt on the plan. I didn't care for it, but Brent likes it.

 LUNCH: 2 oz Turkey, 2 oz Hummus, 6 0z Peppers, Carrots & Celery, Nectarine, and 1 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge (inside the turkey roll)
This is a standard lunch that we switch on and off with. Brent has hot dogs instead of the turkey.

DINNER: Angus Beef Burger w/ Provolone Cheese on 2 Romaine Leaves with Sauteed Onions and Peppers, Tomatoes and Dill Pickle. 4 oz of Cauliflower Rice.
I was excited to try the cauliflower rice. I had made it the night before and it was stir fried with onions in it. However, it was okay. Not a favorite.


Week 2 - Day 2:


BREAKFAST: 2 Scrambled Eggs (3 for Brent), Oatmeal with Strawberries and Canteloupe
Just delicious and very satisfying!

LUNCH: Taco Salad using 4 oz. of Ground Turkey Taco Meat, with 6 oz Grapes and 1 oz Shredded Cheese. Another go to meal we love.

DINNER: Chicken Salad w/ Shredded Cheese on Top and Roasted Squash, Asparagus, Mushrooms and Onions. 


Week 2 - Day 3:

BREAKFAST: Oatmeal with Berries and 4 oz Cottage Cheese (I prefer cottage cheese over yogurt, although Brent had the yogurt)

 LUNCH: Turkey & Hummus, Nectarine, 6 oz Peppers and Celery, 1 oz Colby Jack Cheese

 DINNER: Salmon burger & Cheese, 10 oz Roasted Asparagus, Peppers, Mushrooms & Onions, and 4 oz Cauliflower Rice.
Brent has the same thing except he had 2 Veggie Burgers instead of the Salmon.

Week 2 - Day 4:

BREAKFAST:  4 oz Potatoes, 2 Scrambled Eggs (3 for Brent), 6 oz Cantaloupe.
A favorite breakfast!

 LUNCH: Taco Salad (4 oz. Ground Turkey Meat), 6 oz Strawberries and Cantaloupe, and my Dill Pickle (weighed as part of the salad)
I love getting my dill pickle in there - I have always eaten several dill pickles a day, and now I treat myself to one in one of my meals each day.

DINNER: 4 oz Rotisserie Chicken, 10 oz Sauteed Asparagus, Cabbage, Squash and Onions. 4 oz Salad with 1 oz Shredded Cheese. Yummy!


Week 2 - Day 5:

 BREAKFAST: 1 oz Triscuits (usually 7), 2 oz Cheddar Cheese, 6 oz Grapes.
I love this breakfast. We usually have this on Fridays and Sunday mornings because it's quick.

 LUNCH: Turkey & Hummus, Dill Pickle & Cucumbers, 6 oz Cantaloupe.
Brent had more cucumbers and no pickle and hot dogs instead of turkey.

DINNER: Taco Salad with Ground Turkey Meat and Dill Pickle, 4 oz Cauliflower Rice.
So Good!

Week 2 - Day 6:

 BREAKFAST: 4 oz Potatoes, 2 Scrambled Eggs (3 for Brent), Nectarine. SOOOO good!

 LUNCH:  Taco Salad with 4 oz Ground Turkey (6 oz for Brent), 6 oz Grapes.

DINNER: Salmon Burger w/ Cheese (Veggie Burgers for Brent), 2 Dill Pickles, Roasted Squash, Asparagus, & Mushrooms and a Salad (equaling 14 oz of veggies)

Week 2 - Day 7:

 BREAKFAST: 7 Triscuits, 2 oz Cheddar Cheese, 6 oz Clementines & Strawberries. Great breakfast for fast Sunday mornings.

LUNCH: Turkey & Hummus, Nectarine, 6 oz Peppers, 1 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge (rolled up inside turkey).
This is a fast after-church lunch.

DINNER (mine): 4 oz Rib Eye Steak, 9 oz Steamed Cabbage, 5 oz Sauteed Onions and Mushrooms.
This was a luxury Sunday night meal! First time I've cooked steak and I browned it in butter and finished it in a 350 degree oven. It was perfect medium well with just enough pink inside. I seasoned it with "Chicago Steak Seasoning" (no sugar) and it was perfect!  

DINNER (Brent's): 3 Eggs Scramble with Onions, Peppers, & Tomatoes and Steamed Cabbage. (All veggies came to 14 oz.)  Brent LOVED this scramble - so tasty. He puts hot sauce on everything now that he used to put ketchup on and he loves it. It helps him not miss ketchup. 


So far we are happy with our Bright Line Eating.  I bought a Meal Planner book off of Amazon (Link here - no affiliation). 

I like this book because it let's me plan my meals by the week.  I've been filling it out on Sunday night for the next week. I do it in pencil so I can adjust as needed. 

Then I just put an X on the side when I'm done with that day. I sometimes have to adjust my plans according to what food I have on hand. I allow myself to make these adjustments as long as I'm staying within my Bright Line Eating standards. :)

On a side note, we got a new puppy!  Little Licorish joined our family last week (we've been waiting for her to turn 8 weeks old) and she is such a spunky, sassy little SWEETHEART!!

 She is a Maltipoo and only 2 pounds 4 ounces right now. We are all in love with her. She joins our family with one other puppy - a 3 month old Cockapoo, and a cat.

She's been held and spoiled most every day of her life so she has a hard time being away from us. Sometimes I let her sit on my desk as I work. She is actually in-front of me right now chewing on a chew stick. If I don't have grand-babies yet, at least I can enjoy this adorable, soft little bug!

Carry on my friends!
Life is good!

~Margene xoxOOX

No comments: