Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

God loves broken things

I am having a hard day again emotionally... like so many times in my past. I know it’s the adversary who wants me down. My husband says I torture myself and it’s probably true.


I have NO reason to feel down. I have an incredible husband and children and we are on an amazing journey full of hope. I know I am not alone, even when I feel that way.


I read today on “The anti-Jared Blog” this statement which really stuck out to me:

“When you are confident, you bring people up. When you have no self worth, you bring people down.”


I want so much to be that continually confident person who brings people up all around me. It is my greatest desire to be a constantly fun and positive person. I know my Savior can heal my every heartache and so I will rely on Him again today. :)


I’ve thought a lot of one of my favorite songs by Kenneth Cope called “Broken”. It talks about how God loves broken things... The words are so beautiful. I loved this video that someone put together for this song and I’ll share it here. Enjoy!



We are going to try and sneak off (just me and my man) tomorrow for a quick trip out of state for our Birthdays... so that should be fun (even tho we’re so broke, it’ just being together that’ll be wonderful and so needed). Of course, I will be packing all our food and we will be staying ON PLAN. I hope for a loss... any loss, come next weigh in! Happy week to anyone reading this. Remember to: Seize the Day!

12 comments:

WWSuzi said...

Have a fantastic date!!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Awww - feel better soon. YOu are doing so great - and inspiring so many.

divad said...

Hey you,
I too hope you feel better. Tough times bring about good things. I truly don't think it's possible to "be a constantly fun and positive person".

Fat Girl vs. World said...

While I'm an atheist, and don't necessarily believe in god/gods, i do love the notion of there being acceptance and love for the imperfect.

If we could do that for each other, and ourselves, that'd be great. Imagine what the world would be like if there was no ideal, no judgment. Just love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au2Xgm-gvTs

Lucy said...

You know, I was about to turn in for the night (I just got done writing a post) and I saw the title of your blog. Yes! Jesus loves the broken!!! That in itself is reason to smile, to rejoice and be glad that he is our savior. He's on our side. We are not alone. He doesn't abandone us (though it may feel like it at times).

I just want to say-be encouraged sister! If the title of your post caught my eye (and who am I!!) then you can be sure it caught the eye of the Almighty!

Have a great time with your husband and Happy Birthday to you both!

Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lesia said...

Loved it so much I posted it as my status on Facebook. I know a lot of my LDS friends will love it too. Thank you! Now I know He loves me because I am SO broken!smile.

Anonymous said...

so sorry you're feeling down. I think that God is closest to us when we are in pain than at any other time. Maybe we just feel the need for Him more keenly then.

This next statement will sould like I am being sarcastic. I am not! It is a true statemnet. Here it is: Only the mentally ill are in a constant state of happiness or are constantly upbeat.

It is true. Joy is an inner thing that can always be present--but that is from the Father. And it does not mean that you are happy always. It does not.

The real world has real woes and only the deluded can avoid that reality.

And--God never ever wastes a hurt. He will reveal things to you, show you areas in your life that needs to be healed, restored, set free.

No one wants to be in pain. It drives us to the Father--we seek the solution, the answers. And when we find them--it is a good thing. Progress happens, growth occurs--we are set free.

Hang in there. Continue to ask the Father to give you wisdom and show you the source of your pain.

Prayers,

Deb

lotstolove said...

Just remember that one day of feeling bad does not mean you are not a confident, beautiful, joyful woman! We are all merely human and things will effect us. As long as we don't stop moving forward we will be alright. Enjoy your birthday weekend and bring along the new Ice Cream it's the best thing yet :)

Jennifer said...

Margene- I hope you are having a better day today. We all have our days. Its tough but it will pass.

I want you to know that you DO bring me up. I look forward to reading your blog and also for what you will have to say on mine. You are a true inspiration to me and like someone said...one bad day doesnt mean you are not confident or that you are bringing anyone down. I am glad you chose to blog about it. My cousin(its our blog) says that she doesnt want to blog because people dont want to hear anything but good stuff. And that is not true. Its these days that us blogger friends are here for you most! Hang in there kiddo :)

Birthday? When? Happy Birthday! I know its tough when we are short on money and maybe that is part of your mood, but like you say...some alone time with the hubs regardless of what you do will be an excellent time for sure. Enjoy!

Jennifer
http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

lynnss1 said...

Hi Margene:

I hope you and your man got to have your little birthday date... remember the best things in life are free. Nothing wrong in being emotional... without emotions we'd be one boring species. And besides, God wouldn't have given us emotions if he didn't expect us to feel them. And I have a slightly different spin on Deb's comment... anyone who is constantly happy and upbeat is a fraud and only kidding themselves. So feel what you need to feel at the moment, but keep in mind that God expects you to feel all the emotions... so make sure you give the tough one's a rest.

take care

Lynn

Unknown said...

I hope you know how much you encourage me, help hold my head above water when I feel myself sinking, and how thankful I am to have you in my blogger life.

Also, Life can be so hard on us and it's important for us to remember that we are never given more than we can handle.