Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Week 25: I Have Taken A Trip...

To ONEDERLAND!!! Woo Hoo!! Oh yea... before the end of July even. BOOYA. I will never go back into TWO-land again! It feels so good to finally reach this goal. I totally feel like crying! So I lost 2 pounds last week and my man lost 3 pounds.


We have really hit with some adversity, yet I think we’ve been handling it SO much better than we would have last year with all our weight on. We would have both slipped in a depression, I'm sure. But this time, it doesn’t seem as hard to overcome and we’ve been overwhelmed with blessings and seeing the Lord's hand in helping us. Since both vehicles were down, my man rides the bus and then the train to work 1.5 hours each way and it’s not that bad. He actually enjoys it. And a friend offered for us to use her van so that we could take our family on a day trip with my brother on his boat. How nice was that? We had a wonderful time that makes up for not being able to go on our week long vacation to Utah.


I even attempted the boogie board - which I would never have even attempted before. I didn’t get up on it, BUT I tried! Next year..... watch out!

My Man, on the other hand, ROCKED the boogie board for his first time!! He is such a natural athlete.


I have some other great news: I am now a Health Coach for “Take Shape For Life”. I’m SO excited to help others who want to lose weight and get into better health using this program. It has really changed our lives. I am totally sold on eating smaller meals every 3 hours or so (6 meals a day) and we plan on doing that the rest of our lives. I am excited knowing that there is a transition plan and maintenance plan for when we reach our goal... it’s just so unlike all the other lifestyle changes we’ve ever attempted. This time it is working and there is NO TURNING BACK.


Last week I had cottage cheese as one half of my “lean” along with a chicken patty, and my salad for a meal. Oh, how I loved having that cottage cheese. I've been having it for my lean a few times this week. Great for summer, too.

Also, I finally got the new Medifast Chocolate Chip Pancake mix. The first pancakes were thin but still tasted so good to me. Then, tonight we made it again and I thought we should try it as a waffle. So we added 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 cup egg beaters along with the 1/4 cup water and put it in my waffle iron... and voila! A fluffy, yummy WAFFLE with walden farms sugar free syrup on it. Oh was good! I felt like I was cheating. :)

My goals for this next week are my Freedom Challenge goals I’ve been working on which are: Get to bed at a good time (before 11pm), get up at a good time (by 8 am), drink 100 ounces of water a day, and lastly Keep a POSITIVE attitude - even in the face of adversity. That last one is a kicker but it really does help. I can feel the Lord helping me stay positive too, as I focus on taking care of my family and serving those around me. It’s like, if I take care of those who need me, the Lord takes care of me (emotionally)... that’s what I’m learning! Even when times are hard: SIEZE THE DAY!!! It will all turn out for our best. Have a great week. XOX

12 comments:

Lucy said...

So many "Congrats" on this page!!! Onederland, health coach, your goals...even your waffleoh, and your attitude! A HUGE congrats. You know, God is good, but even He won't 'make' anyone do what they don't want to do (even if for their own good)...He gives us our own wills. He gives us choices. The reason I say all that is because YOU have a part to play in all this: YOU are choosing to believe. Not everyone does or can.

Pretty Awesome :)

divad said...

Congratulations! There is nothing like that feeling - finally seeing the 100's. Enjoy and keep working to get far away from that 200 mark. You will never see it again!!!

Lesia said...

Woo Hoo Gotta love it baby!!!

WWSuzi said...

Woo hoo!!!! Congrats on getting to onederland

Laurie said...

Yahoo! Congrats to you! I know how awesome that feeling is! Keep it up! I LOVE cottage cheese!! I eat it ALL the time!

MaryFran said...

Hip Hip Hurray for onederland!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I missed this post. :o

Congratulations on entering Onederland!!!! Wahoo, you!

And congratulations on hanking in there to the end of the FREEDOM Challenge! As I mentioned earlier, Your name will be entered into the prize pool.

I'm really glad. You've had some tough times and still perservered. Good job.

Deb

Vagabonds Mercantile said...

I am so proud of you, it's a fantastic feeling when you cross over into onederland. Welcome to the club.

Retta said...

Wow, congratulations are in order! Sounds wonderful, and a Health Coach?! What a great thing, to pass on to others your experience and success.

Congrats!
Loretta
=^..^=

lynnss1 said...

Whoot Whoot!! Good for you, Margene, for reaching onederland. I know you will be a great coach. Sorry to hear about your cars. Ours both have 195K+ miles on them and I cross my fingers every day. Sounds like you are just going with the flow. I'm trying to do that, too! Have a great week!
Lynn

Jennifer said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Margene! I am sooo happy for you! Sorry I am just finding this out now. We were away this weekend. What great news!!! Keep up the awesome work. You are capable of anything!

Jennifer
http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

Oh...and an answer to your question: I am 5'4 and according to the BMI chart I am not at a healthy weight until I reach at least 145. that is like 16 more lbs. Having said that...I am not sure I will ever make it there. I have come so far and have achieved so much of what I wanted to accomplish. I am happy with me, eating better, a better mom and wife and capable of exercise. Of course I would love to be 130 but that might just not be in the cards for me. You are doing so great. Time will tell if you will alter your goal. Until then keep up the great work!!!!