Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Monday, November 5, 2018

Day 50 on Bright Line Eating - Going on 8 Weeks with No Sugar and No Flour

We finished our 7th week using Bright Line Eating and we weighed in this morning and the results are:

Week 7:

I have released 5 pounds!

Brent has released 3 pounds!


TOTAL SO FAR:

I have released 22 pounds since we started!

Brent has released 15 pounds since we started!


It felt awesome to weigh in today and see that 5 pound drop! And Brent with 3 pounds gone! It makes me want to keep sticking to this plan and keep my lines BRIGHT! 

We stayed bright through Halloween!  The kids gave out candy. My daughter even organized and ran a cake walk on our driveway with cupcakes.  There were certain candy bars that would have been huge triggers in the past. I didn't even look because it wasn't an option for me. It's like I had no interest and I kept my mind on other things. 

And it paid off with a great release of pounds this week!!

We tried some new foods this week. I will detail them in the images below. 

Week 7 Day 2 BREAKFAST
 Waffle (4 oz shredded potatoes, 1 egg, 1 oz cheese) and Strawberries.  This was pretty yummy. I used frozen shredded potatoes. It wasn't really a "batter", I just clumped them on the waffle iron and made sure to pre-spray the iron. I added salt and pepper. Yummy breakfast.

Week 7 Day 3 BREAKFAST
 (NEW) 1 oz. Shredded Wheat Cereal with 4 oz unsweetened Almond Milk, 3 sausages, 3 oz Frozen Blueberries and 3 oz. Banana.  This was fun to have cereal again.  Only, next time I will make sure the blueberries are defrosted!  Yummy!

Week 7 Day 3 LUNCH
 2 oz Cashew Nuts, Celery & Dill Pickle, 2 Clementines & Cheese.
This was a fast lunch. I didn't have any protein prepared at the time so I went with the nuts (almonds for Brent) and it was a very satisfying lunch!

Week 7 Day 4 BREAKFAST
2 Scrambled Eggs, 4 Sausages, Strawberries and Clementine Wedges. 
OKAY - I accidentally had TWO proteins this meal and forgot my grain - so for lunch I just omitted the protein and had my grain so it all worked out!  

Week 7 Day 4 LUNCH
1 oz Sweet Potato Crackers (Grain I should have had at Breakfast), Steamed Cabbage and some Salad, Cheese. We sure love these organic sweet potato crackers from Costco! 

Week 7 Day 4 DINNER
 2 Organic Grass Fed Beef Hot Dogs, Spaghetti Squash and Tomatoes. Super yummy.

Week 7 Day 5 BREAKFAST
Waffle (1 oz Oatmeal, 1 egg, 3 oz Banana), 3 Sausage Links, and 3 oz Berries.  One of our favorite breakfasts!

Week 7 Day 5 LUNCH
(NEW) 3 oz Cheese / Salami Pack from Costco, Celery, Cucumbers, & Tomatoes, 2 Clementines.  We saw this pack of snack salami/cheese at Costco and after checking the ingredients, thought we'd try it for a meal. It was okay. Brent liked it more than I did so I will let him have these. :) 

Week 7 Day 6 BREAKFAST
(NEW) Waffle (4 oz of my home canned potatoes - mashed, 2 oz cheese) and 6 oz grapes.  I decided to try my potato waffle with all cheese instead of the egg and cheese and I LOVED it!  I also added some "Everything Seasoning for Bagels & More" along with ground sea salt and pepper. I had to let it cook for 9 minutes in waffle iron for it to come out in one piece. But I definitely will be making this more. I loved the crisp cheese flavor. Savory. :)


Most of my other meals were similar to what I've already posted.  I like to buy 6 lbs of lean ground turkey and cook it on the stove, drain and add in taco seasoning (Checking the ingredients for no sugar). Then I weigh it and portion it into containers for our taco salad meals. We also are enjoying more squash and zucchini for fall. 

I've never enjoyed veggies so much before!

We tried Bok Choy recently and enjoyed that. We try to get organic fruits and vegetable as much as we can. 

Our veggie staples seem to be:
  • Peppers (red, orange & yellow)
  • Asparagus
  • Cucumbers
  • Celery
  • Cabbage
  • Mushrooms
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Spaghetti Squash
  • Yellow Squash
  • Zucchini
  • Onions
  • Dill Pickles (for me - I just love them!)

Our fruit staples seem to be:
  • Bananas
  • Pears
  • Clementines
  • Seedless Grapes
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Raspberries
  • Pineapple

I'm trying to diversify when I can to change it up. Overall, I feel we eat so much better than we ever have. I'm finding it easier to be on top of meals. Sometimes I do stress when I need to get and prepare my food, because it seems like a lot.  But I'm thankful when my kids help me. 

Earlier this week, my youngest son helped me cook all my ground turkey while I worked on making my oatmeal waffles for the week. I like to make 6-8 waffles and then freeze them.  Then the night before I just pull two out of the freezer and it defrosts overnight.  The next morning I warm them up in the microwave and add the other half of the protein and fruit and breakfast is done!

What takes a little more planning is when I'm cooking a squash in the oven, or a salmon patty, or roasting veggies. I can saute veggies on my stove pretty quickly. I usually just chop up whatever I have and blend them together and just cook 'em! Adding some freshly ground sea salt and pepper is enough to bring out their flavor. I do add dill weed to many items too, as I just love that flavor. 

For Thanksgiving, we plan to keep our lines bright. No slices of sugar filled pies, or huge portions of mashed potatoes and what not. I don't want to stall or slow down our weight loss. I feel satisfied and cravings are under control.  Eating off plan is just an invitation for trouble and it's just not worth it to me. 

Life is good!  
~Margene xoxoOOXX

No comments: