Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Making Meals

I am actually enjoying getting the hubs back on plan and how it helps me plan the meals and stay on plan myself.  We already know what our parameters are so it's not about tempting ourselves into eating certain foods.  I love that!

Today we did a Costco run and loaded up on lots of great lean meats and healthy veggies.  Our fridge and freezer is stocked and I have several meals I can plan.  I love that I only need to worry about the one meal.

The other day I made a huge batch of our Medifast muffins (that I actually do in a brownie pan) and have them all ready for the hubs.  And I pre-made my puddings (chocolate w/ sf PB syrup and banana w/ sf coconut syrup).  Not that the food need sf syrups, I just have gotten to where I love to explore new flavors. 

Then I made or chocolate peanut butter balls out of the Medifast hot cocoa and using pb2.  Then I freeze them and we pull them out and defrost when we want to eat them.  YUM.  I have that recipe posted in the "Medifast Recipe" tab above.  I love getting all prepared!

Two days ago, I made these egg, cheese and veggie frittatas.  Can you believe one whole pie pan of his is one complete "Lean and Green"?  So yummy, especially with salsa, and so filling.  I made them with 1.5 cups eggbeaters,  small sprinkle of low-fat cheese (1-2 ounces), 1/2 cup zucchini, 1/2 cup mushrooms, garlic powder, s/p -- mix altogether and pour into dish and bake for about 17 minutes at 350.  Eat with salsa.  (Beware, you may not be able to finish it!)


Last night I made Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs from this recipe and it was SOO delish!  I've made this before and was excited to make it again.  I like to use my yogurt based bolthouse ranch dressing because it's so creamy and low in calories and fat.  That rosemary ranch sauce in this recipe is SO good.  I only had zucchini and one bell pepper on hand so those were the veggies I used.  I usually skewer the meats and veggies on different sticks because the meat often takes longer to cook.

     Before baking (we have no grill right now)                      After baking

Today I am happy with myself.  You see, we don't watch TV but we do have Netflix and so I've started watching the "Lost" series.  When I take a break or eat a meal, I'll sit in next to my bed and watch it on our Google TV.  Sometimes I'll sit for 2 episodes - long after my meal is done!  I've been tellling myself that this is not acceptable, so I procured this free used treadmill today and had Brent move the chair next to my bed and  put that treadmill there!  Now, if I want to sit and watch my little TV series, then I've got be walking on that treadmill.  If I want to watch 2 episodes, that's fine, as long as I'm walking on that treadmill!  Yes, it takes up more room and isn't the most decorative, but hey, it gets me moving!  I feel so genius!


So now its Brent who has a chair on his side.  Maybe I should find him a good used Gazelle somewhere and surprise him!!  (tee hee)

And now I leave you with a couple pics of our newest in-house super heroes!  These are our little doxies, Zoey and Chloe, and they really add so much fun and spark to our home! 
Chloe is a little more hesitant about being a hero if you can tell on her face, though.  :)

Have a fabulous, on plan, positive, lots of water drinking weekend!!  XOXO ~Margene
PS - Life is GOOOOOOD!

6 comments:

Michele said...

Those look like terrific foods and recipes. Glad to see that you are doing well and on track.

Erin said...

Cooking in advance is a huge factor in my keeping on track. Makes me think it may be time for egg white fritatta again :)

Retta said...

Love that "deal" you made with yourself about walking on the treadmill while watching the show!

Lori said...

I did the same thing with my elliptical & books on tape. The time would just fly by and I wouldn't feel guilty for wasting time.
Lori

gracies tough journey said...

LOL, I am at work...(Shhsssh) saw your pups and snorted out loud.... The gig is up. Busted.... But those pictures were well worth it!!!
Gracie

Unknown said...

sonderful post and great looking meals! I'm very excited that the weather has cooled here so that we can do some more cooking without causing the house to be over 100 degrees!

Great job on staying focused and getting the treadmill!