Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. This is the story of our continuing Journey through the ups and downs of maintenance.
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Friday, March 19, 2010

Stud Man!!

Our weigh-in for the week is tomorrow but I had to take a picture of my man this morning before he left for work. When we started this lifestyle change, he wore a size 4X shirt. Today, he tried on this 2X shirt and it fits!!! BOOYA~ He's looking so good!
And Looky what else fits.... HIS WEDDING RING! He hasn't worn that for YEARS because it's been too tight on him. I am so happy for him. :)
This week, in honor of St. Patrick's day, I made LIME-COCONUT knox blox. I am not a fan of lime, so adding the coconut flavoring gave it a scrumptious twist. Yum!
This week I also cooked up some very lean ground beef mixed with some lean ground turkey and added some taco seasonings. My husband prefers hamburger to turkey so if I mix the two, he enjoys it better than just the ground turkey. Instead of just putting the meat on top of a lettuce leaf, I chopped up the lettuce & tomatoes & peppers very small and then mixed it all in. I loved eating it this way. I also added (not pictured) a couple tablespoons of salsa (watching the carbs, of course) for a delicious kick. I did the same dish for my hubby, but I only did 4 ounces of meat and added some CHEESE. I wanted all my 6 ounces of meat so I didn't add cheese to mine but that would have been delish too!
It's been a hard week for me, not physically or with eating the right foods - on that account I have NOT WAVERED one BIT - but just with my emotions and feeling down. I know the Adversary is trying to get me to slip back into my old ways of self-loathing and feeling sorrow for the past... BUT I also know the Lord is there uplifting me and showing me the way. I know I have to refuse to believe and dwell on the negative thoughts and turn to Him, even daily and sometimes hourly! I have to do my part. Whenever you are making positive changes in your life, you will always feel opposition! I guess when we stop feeling opposition is when we really should worry!!

Mantra for this week:
"I can do ALL THINGS through CHRIST which STRENGTHENETH me"
(Philippians 4:13)

1 comment:

Sara said...

this post really speaks to me. I have been coming back to your blog to gain food inspiration. I know I'll continue to refer back to it throughout my journey. thank you!!