Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I always would watch...

... but never participate myself. Like when I took my kids to anything fun, say an amusement park or roller skating. But NO more... I'm tired of being only a spectator! Life is to be LIVED and ENJOYED and not just ENDURED!

Yesterday, we took our family to a small local amusement park (the kids all had discount coupons from the summer reading program - we go most every year)
THIS time, I got on the rides with my kids and I fit!!
I loved this one... see me with my hands and legs out... I was enjoying it to it's fullest!
The hubs was doing it all too...

On the left is a pic from us in 2008, when we came, I thought the M&M machine was my friend...
This year, I told that M&M machine to GET AWAY from me!

I sat on the rail with my son while waiting in line for the bumper cars! I sat on the rail.... I would never have done (or been able to do) that before!
The hubs ROCKED the bumper cars... Wow, do they bump!

The hubs and I went ROLLER SKATING too! Oh my... my body had forgotton what to do and I was TERRIFIED. You know when you pray every second "Please don't let me fall... Paleeeeze don't let me fall." But my man took my hand and guiding me through it until I sort of remembered. And I never fell! I haven't been roller skating for TWENTY years or more!! Now I want to go again and again and get good at it!
Here I am on the looping roller coaster again... with my son. I could pull the lap bar down easily and felt like a kid again. This was monumental for both of us as my little guy conquered his fear of the coaster, and I finally get to go again! It was our last ride of the night, and what a day to remember. I have the sore muscles this morning to remind me... sweet sweet soreness!!

11 comments:

Laurie said...

That is SO COOL to see those two pictures next to the M&M machine! You've changed so much!! I'm glad you had a blast and got to participate in LIFE!! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome post!! What a great way to see your progress and get that motivation to keep going. Nice work...looks like you had a blast.

lynnss1 said...

Hey Margene...

You are a much braver woman than I am... give me a carousel any day over things that spin or go up and down! You look like you were having so much fun! I had a group of friends who regularly went roller skating at over-18 night back when I was a 20-something (won't say how long ago that was) we got pretty good after a while. You keep having fun with your kids. Before you know it they'll be heading off to college... like my oldest is in less than 2 weeks. Yikes! Have a great week!

Lynn

Lesia said...

Sweet a woman after my own heart!

Unknown said...

Very very sweet! and the M&M machine..great after picture. No offense but I wish I could get ahold of that shirt with my sewing machine! Cute but but much too big on you!!

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Lynn.. I did get sick on some of the rides. I don't like the ones that spin endlessly... but going fast is fun!

Tori.. That shirt may look big but I'm not ready to have it skin tight... still got some fear of my bulges going on! :) My middle has shrunk but it's still my fattest part.

Deb said...

That is so awesome and sweet. Your kids must be really proud of you for what you've accomplished. You're a brave brave woman for getting on that coaster though.

lotstolove said...

This is something I can't wait to do myself! I love roller coasters and rides but I haven't been on one since 2001! It is one of my big goals to reach. So happy you got to enjoy that time with your kids and hubby!

Juli said...

I am SO proud of you. What an amazing feat. I can't wait to be able to ride a rollercoaster with my daughter. That will have to be one of my goals. Thanks, again. You always inspire.

Sam said...

Love it girl, that is SOOOO awesome!!! I bet your kids are just loving having you play with them! And what an amazing lesson you are teaching them on how to take control of life, and that you CAN make dreams come true!!! Way to go!

Jennifer said...

Great post. Getting on the rides...this is definately one of those non scale victories! Its one of those "little things" that makes such a big difference to us! Congrats to you! You guys looked like you had so much fun!!

Jennifer
http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/