Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week 3!!!

Week 3 Results are in:
Me - down 4 pounds!! (for a total of 18 pounds so far)
My hubby - down 3 pounds!! (for a total of 16 pounds so far)

This week was truly a testing week as I flew out to Utah for 6 days to be with my sister and nieces for a baby shower. My husband got work off to run the household while I was gone.
I got some great tips for traveling from my coach:

* Always carry some extra bars in your purse.
* Double bag your medifast meal packets
in zip lock baggies and keep in your
backpack for quick access.
* Bring more food than you think you'll need.
* Be sure and eat every 3 hours
as hunger can be murder on your will power.
Here was the test: There was food everywhere! Yummy salads, taco soup with chips, rice krispy squares covered in chocolate, cute little cupcakes, chocolate dipped strawberries, cookies, brownies, and on and on.

Here I am even helping dip the strawberries in chocolate with my niece. It was fun!
What helped me NOT feel deprived or tempt myself to eat this food off my plan?

First, I kept my meals going, sometimes it was every two hours, and Second, I focussed on my family and visiting and NOT on the food. I laughed, I took a ton a pictures, I enjoyed visiting and I wasn't hungry because I was eating my meals and drinking lots of water. I even made my yummy little "Knox Blox" jell-o squares and had them in little baggies and if I needed a little inbetween snack, I'd suck on those yummy squares and it was all good. My nieces loved them too and we ended up making a bunch for the rest of the family. I will put the recipe for knox blox on the side bar of this blog. They are so low calorie and much firmer than Jell-o jigglers!

I am realizing that losing weight is really first a MENTAL and EMOTIONAL challenge. I could not do this if my mind wasn't ready. And I am finally truly SO ready to shed my weight. I feel so determined that I won't let temptations for other foods tempt me off my momentum and kick me out of my fat-burning ketosis! That would be a waste of 3 days not to mention the cost of 3 days of medifast food. It's NOT worth it. And I'm not so deprived. I still get my chocolate fix, brownies, shakes and my delicious lean and greens. And I get to FEEL so MUCH BETTER!!!

My 18 pound loss isn't too noticable outwardly yet... but, my brother did notice and asked if I'd lost weight!! So he could tell and he hasn't seen me in a long time.

Here is my second lean and Green meal while in Utah. Surprise...it's salmon!! My sister had some of this for me to have instead of the taco soup, chips and pasta salad that everyone else had. I sauteed by favorite again (peppers and mushrooms) and I was in heaven!


I am also realizing how much the Lord is helping me and wants me to have success. Honestly, it will take time even after I lose all this weight to feel like I measure up in my worth to others and myself. I have been heavy for so long and felt worthless compared to others who were more thin and fit. Only someone who is or was obese really knows the discrimination you feel and all the aches & pains you have 24/7. So much of it is unspoken and unknown. Sometimes if feels like others have an attitude of "If you don't like it, then just lose weight!" But I know my Heavenly Father has compassion on me and knows my struggles and wants me to feel His love and know my true worth! He sees beyond my size and He sees the real me, and I want to see that again too, and I know I will.

About drinking lots of water: I am having to go to the bathroom all the time because I'm drinking so much water. Seriously, it's almost too ridiculous! I went 3 times while at a friends house for dinner, 3 times while I shopped at Wal-mart, twice during the night, once on the plane, twice before the plane, etc. etc. BUT, I'm thinking that as my weight comes off, the pressure on my bladder will lesson and it will hold more (I've always had a weak bladder!). AND drinking lots of water HELPS with the weight loss. So, I may have to go potty a lot, but that's just another sacrifice to get this weight OFF!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am starting the process on 3/8 and appreciate you sharing with us. I am ready, too, and getting excited to start. 2 days to go!

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Oooohhh!! That's AWESOME!! Get ready to feel SOO much better. The first few days were the hardest for me as far as feeling hungry a lot, but my body has adjusted to smaller portions. I'm so happy for you!! :)

Sarah Griffin said...

I stumbled across your blog tonight. Wow! I feel so motivated after reading some of your entries. Thank you so much, this is truly a huge support as I have just started my medifast journey with about 150ish lbs to lose! Your before and after pics are amazing. I'm having a hard time, but trying to stick to it. I have a feeling I'll be coming back on a daily basis to remind myself of what is possible. So just wanted to say Thank you for so publicly sharing your journey. I know it must haven taken a lot of strength to be able to do that.
May God continue to bless you! :)