Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Friday, March 19, 2010

Stud Man!!

Our weigh-in for the week is tomorrow but I had to take a picture of my man this morning before he left for work. When we started this lifestyle change, he wore a size 4X shirt. Today, he tried on this 2X shirt and it fits!!! BOOYA~ He's looking so good!
And Looky what else fits.... HIS WEDDING RING! He hasn't worn that for YEARS because it's been too tight on him. I am so happy for him. :)
This week, in honor of St. Patrick's day, I made LIME-COCONUT knox blox. I am not a fan of lime, so adding the coconut flavoring gave it a scrumptious twist. Yum!
This week I also cooked up some very lean ground beef mixed with some lean ground turkey and added some taco seasonings. My husband prefers hamburger to turkey so if I mix the two, he enjoys it better than just the ground turkey. Instead of just putting the meat on top of a lettuce leaf, I chopped up the lettuce & tomatoes & peppers very small and then mixed it all in. I loved eating it this way. I also added (not pictured) a couple tablespoons of salsa (watching the carbs, of course) for a delicious kick. I did the same dish for my hubby, but I only did 4 ounces of meat and added some CHEESE. I wanted all my 6 ounces of meat so I didn't add cheese to mine but that would have been delish too!
It's been a hard week for me, not physically or with eating the right foods - on that account I have NOT WAVERED one BIT - but just with my emotions and feeling down. I know the Adversary is trying to get me to slip back into my old ways of self-loathing and feeling sorrow for the past... BUT I also know the Lord is there uplifting me and showing me the way. I know I have to refuse to believe and dwell on the negative thoughts and turn to Him, even daily and sometimes hourly! I have to do my part. Whenever you are making positive changes in your life, you will always feel opposition! I guess when we stop feeling opposition is when we really should worry!!

Mantra for this week:
"I can do ALL THINGS through CHRIST which STRENGTHENETH me"
(Philippians 4:13)

1 comment:

Sara said...

this post really speaks to me. I have been coming back to your blog to gain food inspiration. I know I'll continue to refer back to it throughout my journey. thank you!!