Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Monday, April 19, 2010

Week 10 - Started First Workout!

I lost 2 pounds last week and my guy lost 3. Week 10 brings me to a total of 42 pounds lighter, and my guy to a total of 48 pounds lighter. :) I STILL say that it's hardly noticeable with me. I saw some pics of myself this weekend and I look exactly the same (to me). That just goes to show how easily I gained the weight without looking drastically different. I am SO anxious to really BE thinner!!

Here is my FAVORITE medifast lunch!! Chicken Noodle Soup with crackers. I never tire of this, it's so yummy!
My honey LOVES my muffins with the Walden Farms jelly (sugar free/fat free/ calorie free).
This week I made stuffed peppers!!!
We really enjoyed them. I even made them again for my whole family!
I browned my 1 pound of ground lean turkey and 1 pound ground lean beef and drained it. Then I added one pack of ground up medifast crackers, 1 cup egg beaters, 2 T. Italian seasonings, and approx. 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. This meat mixture makes a bunch - as you can tell, I always double recipes so I can have it later too.

I filled the peppers and put a little water in the bottom of the pan just to cover it. Bake at 350 for about 18 minutes or until pepper is tender. I sprinkled a little cheese on top the last 2 min. of baking.

It was delicious. I didn't need any salsa or added flavoring for mine.
My man enjoyed his with his hot salsa.
We also ate out at Applebees again. This time I had the weight watchers steak and grilled shrimp. I asked for no oils or butters when baking... but I wonder if they did because it tasted SO good! I want to be able to make shrimp skewers as yummy as these!
This week we also WORKED OUT for the first time since we started this lifestyle change. Now, the last time I went on the treadmill like 6 months ago, I could only get up to 30 minutes. And the most I've gotten up to is like 40 minutes. So for not going in months, I was astounded with myself...
I walked for over 53 minutes and over 2 and a half miles!!! Some of it I even had on an incline! Wow!! I guess being 40 pounds less has helped me be able to walk longer and handle more on the treadmill. I wasn't even overly tired or TOO sore the next day (just a little sore). I am SO excited about that!

Here I am feeling happy about my walking.

I am having some much appreciated success. But it isn't without many struggles. I have struggled this weekend with a heartbreak from my past. I am amazed at how powerful this trial has been over me. It brings me SO much sorrow and I fight the feelings and thoughts with all my energy and many prayers. I realize that things may not be how they seem to me and I am trying to TRUST IN THE LORD that one day I will have understanding and peace about this trial and that it will all turn out for the best in the end. Waiting until then has been a struggle, yet I know my Savior is aware of my trials and the longings of my heart and I will Trust in Him. I am truly blessed, too, and thankful for the strength the Lord gives me and for my wonderful family!!

No comments: