Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Is this all worth it?

We started this life-changing journey just 4 months ago, yet it seems like a lifetime, and we're still on our path. We have sacrificed our fast foods trips, big bowls of popcorn, heaping late night bowls of ice cream, overstuffing ourselves with large food portions, helping ourselves to seconds or thirds of desserts, and even just socializing with food or eating when we're down. Yet We felt sick and aweful most of the time, not to mention how embarrassed we were at how big we got.

We've traded all that in to make a choice to LIVE LONGER and be HEALTHIER and FEEL BETTER.

Has it been worth it so far?

YES!!

My man didn't need to see these picture to know that he already feels SO much better. This time he says he's NOT stopping. He's already made this lifestyle change and he's not going backwards. Goodbye lazyboy and hello Nike!


I can finally see a difference now that I put these pics together. I'm not stopping for ANYTHING. I found something that works and that I KNOW I can do. I'm so excited for our future. ANYONE can DO this!!

7 comments:

Donita said...

Wow, great job both of you. It really shows in your faces.
I am down 25 and yesterday I went through my closet and purged! What a great feeling and it was so nice to fit into some of the "too small" clothes I have been holding on to.

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Kudos to you Donita!! That must have felt so great! :)

Dianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dianne said...

I wanted to change what I said, so the deleted comment was me... sorry! I didn't know I couldn't edit it...
I love your 'change' pictures! You two look so great and you really are an inspiration.
Margene, that shirt is just hanging on you in folds, and your face is so slender.
You are AWESOME!!!

hope said...

wow u guys are doing so well. i bookmarked ur blog and i check on it every 2 weeks and im always wowed at ur guys lost...keep up the good work...when i was on medifast u guys gave me hope...i had to stop doing the diet do to the fact i got pregnant =D

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

Dianne - Thanks! You are an inspiration to me with your determination to keep healthy and do all your running!

Hope - I love that name! Congrats on your pregnancy - I hope it all goes well for you. I'm so glad that we could give you hope. That makes my day! :)

ladyofthehouse said...

I love the idea of taking the pictures in the same posem, outfit and place in your home. You two look wonderful!!
Congratulations on you success!!!

diane :)
www.itst-i-m-e.blogspot.com/