Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Story

This is me and my husband right before we got married - over 21 years ago!


The STORY:

We're happily married, in our forties, and we're both obese. Yes, I said it: OBESE. I hate that word but I have to face it because it's the truth. We KNOW we've needed to lose weight, we've tried many programs including Nutri-systems, Jenny Craig, The Atkins Diet, The South Beach Diet, The 6-Week Body Makeover and others. We have always gained even more weight back. We have four children and it's like our lives are at stake. The future of our children is at stake. So we have asked ourselves over and over: Do we keep living like we are, or do we take take back our lives? And if so, how?

The SOLUTION:

After seeing my good friend lose over 100 pounds in 6 months, we have decided to try: "Take Shape For Life" using the Medifast 5 and 1 plan. We will eat 5 Medifast "meals" a day and 1 "Lean and Green" meal a day, which is basically a portion of lean meat and vegetables. This is the plan with WILL work for us. We are COMMITTED (and I don't mean to the funny farm). This is the year we WILL take back our lives. We are so sure of it, that I am starting this blog so we can monitor our progress and maybe even be a source of motivation for someone else. Watch us transform our lives!

GETTING STARTED:
So here are our "Before pictures"

Feb. 7th, 2010 My Hubby at 300 lbs.

Feb. 7th, 2010 Me at 280 lbs

We are NOT happy with our physical condition! I hate my double chin!!!! Hate may be too weak of a word, really. My tummy gets in the way of everything... I bump into people with it, and I don't have a lap because of it. My back gets tired from carrying such a big belly and it's hard to ever pick anything up off the ground, especially when I'm sitting. I worry about fitting into booths at restaurants or breaking chairs. There is practically never a time that I don't feel self-conscious. I haven't felt beautiful for so many years, that I have forgotten what it feels like. This is NO WAY to LIVE!! I look at these pictures and they just aren't us. This doesn't reflect the real me inside. I'm excited to get to the point where I really look and feel like my true self, and I believe that it WILL happen THIS year.
IT'S TIME TO CHANGE!!!

No comments: