Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Day 36 on Bright Line Eating - Eating Out

We finished our 5th week using Bright Line Eating and we weighed in yesterday morning and the results are:
Week 5:
I have released 1 pound!
Brent has released 3 pounds!

TOTAL:
I have released 16 pounds since we started!
Brent has released 13 pounds since we started!

It's starting to become second nature now to eat with these bright lines. I'm sure it helps that I work from home and Brent is home so we are not out in an environment that is constantly tempting us. But even if we did, I think that having our meals planned and being prepared is majorly helpful!  

I don't feel hungry hardly ever. 
I don't worry about food except when I need to get it prepared. :)
I don't have cravings!!!

This week I had a time where I went out to dinner with some friends. Kneaders was the chosen place. I looked at the menu online before going and I knew exactly what I would order: The Thia Chicken Salad. Everything on it I approved of eating, and when I was there I asked for a dressing that had no sugar in it and they gave me some ranch. It worked out great. 

Here are my meals this week:

Week 5 - Day 1
 BREAKFAST: Waffle (Oatmeal, egg & 1/2 banana), Sausage, Strawberries

LUNCH: Lentil Tortillas w/ Turkey Taco meat, cheese, Lettuce, Cucumbers and Tomatoes

DINNER: Salmon Patty, Steamed Cabbage, Dill Pickle, Sauteed Asparagus, Peppers and Mushrooms, Cheese.

Week 5 - Day 2
BREAKFAST: Brents on the left is Rice Cakes w/ Almond Butter and Banana, Margene's on the Right is Triscuits with Cheese and Grapes.

LUNCH: Ham and Hummus, Peppers & Celery, Cheese, Pear

DINNER: Taco Peppers! Pepper with Turkey Taco Meat and Mushrooms, Cheese, Tomatoes, Dill Pickle. This was new and I just tried it last minute. I Cooked the peppers at 350 for about 30 minutes. They were yummy to just pick up and eat. Not all the meat fit in the pepper so I baked it in a glass dish next tot he peppers like it shows below: 

Week 5 - Day 3
BREAKFAST: Scrambled eggs, Potatoes, Pear - YUM

LUNCH: Cottage Cheese, Cucumbers & Peppers, Pear, Cheese

DINNER: Salmon Patty, 2 Dill Pickles, Steamed Cabbage.

Week 5 - Day 4
BREAKFAST: Scrambled eggs, Potatoes, Pear - YUM

LUNCH: Shredded Pork & Cheese, Celery, Grapes & Cantaloupe

DINNER at KNEADERS: Thai Chicken Salad with Ranch Dressing. There was so much here I couldn't eat it all!

Week 5 - Day 5
 BREAKFAST: Waffle (Oatmeal, egg & 1/2 banana), Sausage, Grapes, Clementine & Strawberries

LUNCH: Cottage Cheese (with Dill Weed Sprinkled on top), 2 Dill Pickles, Grapes & Cantaloupe, Cheese.

DINNER: Pulled Pork, Sauteed Asparagus, Onions, Bok Choy, and Peppers, Tomatoes

Week 5 - Day 6

BREAKFAST: Cottage Cheese, Triscuits, Pineapple and 1/2 Plum

LUNCH: Taco Salad with ground turkey, Romaine Lettuce, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, and Cheese, Strawberries

(Forgot Picture of Dinner)

Week 5 - Day 7

(Forgot Picture of Breakfast)

LUNCH: Cottage Cheese, Tomatoes & Dill Pickle, Raspberries and Pineapple. (This was a really delicious lunch to me) 
 
 (Forgot Picture of Dinner - but it was prime rib steak again and oh so good!)



As week 6 is commencing, I'm not taking as many pictures of my meals because they are all beginning to look similar. You can easily tell the foods that we use often and in different ways. I will post when it's something a little different or new for us. 

I can show you my supper from last night 
Week 6 Day 1
 DINNER: Left over Prime Rib Steak, Veggies Sauteed in Butter: Yellow Squash and Zucchini, 2 Dill Pickles. We love zucchini and squash sauteed in butter so this was a treat!


This morning I tried something NEW. 
Week 6 Day 2:
 BREAKFAST: Waffle (Potato Shreds, Egg, Cheese - Salt and Pepper) with Strawberries.  This was fun to try! The waffle is bigger than it looks in this picture and quite filling. It was pretty tasty!

LUNCH: Pulled Pork, Cucumbers and Peppers and Honeydew Melon.
First time having honeydew and it was crisp and sweet.

This week I'm also adding in some Jimaca which I have already cut into crunch sticks. We will get the chance in a future time to try eating our Bright Lines while traveling and staying somewhere other than home! I'm sure with planning and preparing it will all work out. 

I have to say that I've noticed as I compare my old charts that I kept from 2010 when we started Medifast that we lost weight a little quicker then.

ME:
Week 5 Medifast: 25 pounds gone
Week 5 Bright Line Eating: 16 pound gone

BRENT:
Week 5 Medifast: 28 pounds gone
Week 5 Bright Line Eating: 13 pounds gone 

Here is a little comparison chart I made showing the difference so far with when we lost weight using Medifast / Take Shape For Life - (aka now Optavia) and how we are currently losing weight with Bright Line Eating.


Anyways... I'm off!  Have a fantastic week and remember that LIFE IS GOOD!!
~Margene xoOXX

No comments: