Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oh how I love Roasted Veggies!

I learned to love roasted veggies while on the 5:1 TSFL plan.  Of course then, I didn't add potatoes and onions as they are higher carb veggies.  But most veggies taste delish this way.  Broccoli, yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, cauliflower, asparagus, cabbage... it's so good!

 Just chop up your veggies and toss with a little olive oil, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and garlic seasoning (or whatever spices you want - it even tastes good with just s/p)
 Line a cookie sheet with foil and a little non-stick cook spray.  
Roast in the oven at 425 for about an hour (possibly less if you don't have potatoes in the mix), and...
Voila!  Yummy roasted veggies.  I also usually sprinkle a little balsamic vinegar afterwards and it really makes it so tasty!!  My kids gobble this up too.

ENJOY!!
~Margene

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Yeah, I'm really in to roasted veggies. Easy to do, most any veggie combo works, warms over well, what's not to like???

gracies tough journey said...

Roasting veggies is my all time favorite way to eat them. They flavor just blossoms. I had a few butternut squash in the garden and I diced them up with some onion, summer squash and then roasted them all together. You never realize how sweet butternut squash is until you roast it. Amazing. God bless and have a safe and wonderful weekend. Gracie

Holly from 300 Pounds Down said...

Yum!! I have recently gotten into this and I love it too. THis makes me want to go roast some right now!

Joy said...

Yummy!! Keep up the great work my friend!!

Stay focused!!!!

Joy said...

Thinking of you today. Hope you are doing well!!!! I miss you!!!!

Love and hugs!!!