Our Quest to change our lives began in Feb. 2010 and we lost 224 lbs. We slowly gained a lot of that weight back and we're now on another journey for weight loss and better health using Bright Line Eating. This is the story of our continuing Journey. .
(For the fullest effect, begin at the beginning in Feb. 2010 using our Blog Archive on sidebar)

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Week 45 and the 4th-6th days of Christmas

On the 4th day of Christmas my new friend gave to me: 4 packs of gum

On the 5th day of Christmas my new friend gave to me: 5 yummy lotions

On the 6th day of Christmas my new friend gave to me: Personalized country music cd

It’s like Melissa (aka the Fabulous Mom) knows me perfectly!  I am so into gum and love having my new 4 packs!  These new "Dessert Delights" are so good.  My fav is the Chocolate Mint.  I also LOVE stuff from bath and body works (my girl and I love to go there and splurge when we can) and she got me these 5 lotions.  LOVE IT!  And I am way excited about having a personalized country CD!  I told her I am beginning to like country now so she put this fabulous collection together for me.  How thoughtful was that?  I already recognize some of the songs and I look forward to listening to the rest. Thanks Melissa!!  You are awesome, girl!
So right now we are in UTAH!  It’s fun to be here and our kids are having fun with their cousins and their cute mini-doxie, Ellie.  I SO want to get pets for my kids and myself.  That gives me even more motivation to get our own house!!
Isn't she the CUTEST DOG?  Dachshunds are my favorite - my family used to breed and raise them when I was a wee lassie and I've always been fond of them.  Plus we had them as our pets growing up.  I could totally steal little Ellie and bring her home with us.  She is so mild mannered and fun!

So it's the end of WEEK 45!!!  We weighed in this morning (Sunday) since we were on the road all day yesterday.  I lost 3 pounds!  That is 3 weeks in a row that I've lost 3 pounds each week.  However, my gorgeous hubby has a 3 pound gain.... :(  He said some of that is due to lack of drinking his water.  He’s been drinking a lot of soda lately, especially while driving to Utah.  I KNOW he will get his gains turned around here... he has already come so far.  We are not going to let this get us down and we are focussing on the positive.  He has quite a few obstacles to tackle but I am right here with him cheering him on!  I so love this guy!  
I have so many blogs to catch up on and so much to share as well... It is so nice to be here with my family, to see my sister again, and my brother.  We also get to see my hubby’s brother and his Dad while we’re here too, and I hope to be able to see some friends as well.  I am trying to squeeze everything in and make it a most memorable time for my kids and us while at the same time, staying ON PLAN.  I brought a lot of our own food with me, just in case the choices available are not on plan.  Life is good!  What are your plans for this week?  

9 comments:

Natalia said...

Wow! 3lbs? 3 weeks in a row? Wow!! That's awesome!!

Ann (-50 lbs in -60 lb challenge) said...

Congratulations, Margene !!!! That is amazing ... and just a month ago, you were lamenting that things slowed to a crawl. hehehe Your body just needed adjustment time!

You are so organized, to plan and bring things. Fantastic!! It is always a challenge this time of year, but you sound completely in control of your diet. Well done!!

I am so very proud of you, and continue to take inspiration from you. I enjoy your positive attitude and steadfast resolve.

Your husband has done an amazing job this year as well!! He has completely transformed his health. These current weight fluctuations are an opportunity to learn more about how his body reacts and adjusts to things. I have NO doubt he will get a handle on it.

Losing weight isn't just an exercise in self-control, but an entire learning process, with lots of variables.

The new addition is adorable! Just look at that face ...

Who doesn't enjoy puppies?!! hehehe

Have a blessed and enjoyable Christmas, Margene. I wish you (all) every success and happiness in the new year too.

Merry Christmas!

Lesia said...

I never lost 3 pounds in 3 weeks in a row. How cool is that! Hope to see you while you are here. smile.

WWSuzi said...

Wow you are both doing great! Especially for this time of the year.

Lucy said...

i don't know what i'd do if i ever saw the scale proclaim a 3lb lost in ONE WEEK let alone three!!!

You've got it going on and you are an inspiration!

Kudos!!

Jennifer said...

Three more pounds? You go girl! I am so proud of you! You must be feeling on top of the world.

i just wanted to say thank you for your kind words today on my blog. It was just what I needed. I know we dont *know* each other but your words really warmed my heart. thank you for that. And thanks for the prayers. That means the world to me.

Jennifer

Julie said...

YEAH!!! Margene is so awesome. WOW am I proud of you. Keep it up. Hubby will get it too, it's just so hard at times.
Enjoy your time in Utah. Merry Christmas my dear friend. God Bless!!!

Retta said...

Wow, on vacation and still losing 3 in a row! My hat's off to you.

And that lil' goggie is soo adorable. We always called them weenie dogs when I was a kid. The ones I remember were always high strung and full of energy. So it was surprising when you said she was mild-mannered. Such a sweet expression on her face, too!

Loretta
=^..^=

Michele said...

You have made terrific progress this year!! I am inspiried by your story. It has been so great to get to know you through your blog. Stay strong, my blogger friend through this wonderful season. Merry Christmas